The loss of trust due to the actions of a volunteer can be demoralizing for a nonprofit organization, causing a great loss of community support, a funding deficit or even a culpable negligence legal action for irresponsible selection of a volunteer. Verifying the integrity behind each volunteer’s intent is imperative to protect your organization. Today’s world requires background checks for volunteers.
It is crucial to properly validate true identity prior to ordering a criminal background check. Otherwise, you may be screening a relative or a friend of the volunteer with a clean record. Visual verification of a driver’s license with a matching photo of the volunteer is a must.
Organizations need a volunteer screening policy which, at the very least, should:
- Plainly specify the charity’s position and procedure for volunteer background checks
- Define the volunteer roles that entail criminal screening
- Identify the type of background screening necessary for each and every volunteer job
- Designate the extent and channels for performing background checks
- Establish the criminal acts or other position related information that disqualify a new or existing volunteer
- Declare the costs associated of a background check as well as the financial responsibility on the volunteer for part or all components of the background screening charges
- Designate the rate of recurrence of doing periodic background checks
- Guidelines should be publicized on the nonprofit’s website or posted in the building where all potential and existing volunteers congregate.
To ease the financial burden on dedicated individuals who want to help your cause, USABackground.com offers discounted rates for charities, sports coaches, counselors and church volunteers, plus a discount for Florida Nonprofits’ members.
- Self-screening link can be sent by email, text or hosted from your website
- Applicants enter their information, uploads valid photo identification
- Signs electronic consent form
- Our report identifies all names, aliases and former names
- All those names are cross-searched in our nationwide criminal database
- Report is securely uploaded into your account to maintain its integrity and prevent any tampering
New preferred partner USABackground.com offers FCRA-compliant background checks at a great rate plus a discount for Florida Nonprofits’ Members. They provide a secure online platform with optional applicant self-screening. All aliases and former names searched.
Contact Joe at 786.617.7065 or email@example.com.