Did you know?
- Florida has incorporated approximately 12,000 nonprofits per year every year for more than 10 years?
- Florida’s 58,500 501(c)(3) nonprofits spend over $67.5 billion per year, $14.6 billion of which is salaries
- Florida nonprofits control $121 billion in assets
- The average charitable contribution of Florida itemizers in 2011 was $4,102
- Florida’s 6,078 foundations gave almost $1.3 billion in grants.
Source: Florida Nonprofit Sourcebook, Urban Institute NCCS, IRS, The Foundation Center, and Independent Sector